Sunday, August 1, 2010

Who has had a toe nail surgically removed?

I hacked the nail off my big toe in a garden accident a few years ago. It has been growing back - but sideways and upwards. Think it's gotta come off, but 2 peeps I spoke to say its really painful. My pain threshold not that great - OK, I'm a bit of a baby! Anybody had it done?Who has had a toe nail surgically removed?
its not that painfull it stings a bit the worse part about the op is the local going in but you dont feel a thing after that iv had one done myself and i assist in nail removals now and then and its not that bad you would just have to lie down for 1/2 an hour when it being done dont worry about it .it will be fineWho has had a toe nail surgically removed?
A friend of mine had it done. Do you know him?





ps. ask them to knock you out, then you won't feel a thing.
i have had nail surgery on both my big toes due to ingrowing nails when i had the first one done it was very painful as they put the needle near the bone ..but the second one was pain free... as with most ops it depends on the person given the injection same are more gentle than others good luck
It has happened to me before it was just Painful
they inject so much anethetic into your toe before taking the nail off, - you really won't feel any pain, unless you watch and get psychosamatic pain
I had both my ingrowing toe nails removed on my little toes about 9 years ago,and its not that bad.Your toes are down one at a time,the Dr will inject a local into the area off the nail bed and the toe its self,leave the area to go numb for about 5 minutes then remove the nail ,you will not feel a thing i promise you,and look away while the dr is doing thing as this precudure does look horrible.Once both the nails are off he will burn the nail bed so the nails dont grow bck ,but sometimes they do thou.Once the precudure is done the nurse will bandage the toes up,and give you two plastic slippers to keep the toes and the bandage clean.Well good luck if you go through with the precudure.
I agree with the other poster about the ';big needle';. My SIL had this done and she told us of them having to stick you in the toe to numb it.





Good luck! Just remember the pain is temporary because it will be numb in a few.
My gran
my brother had it done and so has 2 friends of mine and they all say the same thing, that it was worth it and no it was not as painful as they thought, my brother was in pain for years with it and he was like you that he listened to every body else and that put him off, in time he was finding it really painful to walk and decided to go and get it seen to, he walked home from the hospital after he got them off, yes they took both off his big toe nails off and that was the first time in years where he could walk pain free, i do hope this helps, good luck and a happy pain free new year xx
I had 3 nails removed on my left foot 13 years ago the surgery did not hurt, but there will be some swelling for a while after the surgery (surgery is usually done in dr office) make sure you have a pair of open toed shoes to wear for a couple of weeks then just keep it covered ......... btw for some reason these tend to drain for awhile after the surgery if I remember right I had to wear a bandage on my big toe for like a month but the pain really was not that bad
My mom did when I was 8 years old. Just let me tell you, watching her get it removed traumatized me for life.
I had an ingrown toe nail removed on my big toe and I ripped the curtain off the ceiling--they take a large needle and stick it right into you big toe to numb it---after the first stick it just feels weird---I would ask for a sedative---yes it is really painful
Not a toe nail - but I did have a finger nail removed off to stitch the top of my finger back on.





The injections were by FAR the worst bit, a bit 'nippy', after that you just feel a bit of pulling no pain. Kinda gross to watch too.





Would advise asking for a pre-med sedative.
Ow!


All I can say is good luck with yur toe!

No comments:

Post a Comment