Saturday, August 21, 2010

Dog is limping from split toe nail?

My Australian Shepard has been limping the past couple of days. I found no swelling or broken bones. I finally discovered that one of her toe nails has a slight split (like a sliver)





I thought about breaking it off, but thought this might make it worse. Would it be OK if I did that or will this heal over time?





ThanksDog is limping from split toe nail?
This is very painful for the dog - would be for you too, and every time he walks on it, it is excrutiating.





You absolutely need to get him to the vet to have the nail clipped - don't do this yourself - have it bandaged and he may need antibiotics, these things get infected.





Don't wait any longer, get him to the vet. This happened with one of my dogs and he needed to go to the vet. It's pretty bad for the dog - nails are very sensitive when they break like that, and a dog's nails are too hard for the nail to come off by itself, it must be attended to so no infection sets in.Dog is limping from split toe nail?
My dog gets these sometimes, and I just carefully clip it off. But he usually doesn't have a problem with it, such as limping, so it may be deep or something else going on. I'd have the vet take a look.
That would be like ripping of your own finger nail.....i would defo take him to the vet, they will remove it with the greatest of ease, and your pooch may need an antibiotic or something x
How about you ask a vet to make 100% sure because it could get infected from the paw being on the ground walking on everything!
Don't break it off. Get dog toe nail clippers and snip it off. It will grow back and be fine. That might not be the problem though.
have the vet check it out

No comments:

Post a Comment