Sunday, August 1, 2010

What happens to In Grown Toe nail? * a little graphic*?

I have an ingrown toenail *I believe* on the right big toe and it hurts like crazy I can barely step on my foot it all started after a co-worker stepped on my toe in high heel shoes (thanks a lot) . When I pull the skin to the side a bunch of green snot looking stuff comes out the smell horrible and I want to puke. The top of my toenail has been just coming off with stringy stuff and it is very red. I put peroxide on it at least 3x a day and that only helps for a little bit the it starts hurting again. I go to the doctot tomorrow at 1:45 and I was just wondering what to expect...I mean nothing I am doing it making it any better so what do you think the doc will do.





If you have had a experience with almost the same thing please reply...nothing like this has every happened to me before and the right side of my toe is really red and about 1/2 inch swollen.What happens to In Grown Toe nail? * a little graphic*?
Its a good thing you are going to the doctor, you have one nasty infection going on. I get in-grown toe nails on almost every toe and I keep mine clipped back at an angle to ';try'; to keep them from getting so in-grown. MAKE SURE you make that doctor appointment, so you don't lose that toe!! The infection maybe bad enough that he has to remove the nail. They should inject your toe with a anesthetic and it will hurt for awhile. However, he could simply trim the skin and remove part of the nail to allow the infection to drain out. Either way it's going to smart for a couple days after. He will also put you on an antibiotic and give you a cream to put on your toe. You were wise to start the peroxide, you just didn't catch it fast enough. Good luck.What happens to In Grown Toe nail? * a little graphic*?
No, ingrown toenails are not like that. They are only red on the sides and the toenail doesn't come apart.





You have an injury to your toe. She may have chipped the very tip of the bone in your toe or just a horrible bruise that has become infected. I recommend an ointment called ICHTHAMMOL OINTMENT. Call your pharmacy to see if they have it. It will draw the infection out. Apply and then wrap it in gauze.
after a while it will get infected its a possibility u might lose your toe or your foot if you don't get it look after quickly. if the nail can be cut he will cut it if its infected you will need antibiotic. its obvious your toe is infected.
I've had this exact thing happen to me a couple of times to where it was so painful I could barely walk. It was one of the most painful things I've experienced. Anyways... I went to the doctor and he said that they would cut part of my toenail off. I objected to that (obviously) and he said that I could try this and IT WORKS - EVERY TIME!!! -no matter how bad my toe got.





You'll need tweezers or those tiny scissors you get in manicure sets, cotton balls or q-tips, and peroxide (optional).





Pull of very tiny pieces of the cotton and roll into a tiny little ball and put it on the end of the scissors (what I used- works best). Raise up the edge of your toenail where it's infected and stuff as many of the tiny pieces of cotton under your nail and the side of the nail as you can get to where every bit of the nail where it's infected is filled and you can even see a little cotton coming out when you look at your nail. (You can dip some of the cotton pieces in peroxide if you want. I think I did a couple of times.





Leave the cotton there and next time you get a chance like in the evening, leave the original cotton there and try to stuff a little more in. Leave that there and then the next morning take the cotton out and put some new in. Continue this until your toe is better. You will be able to tell a difference after the first day!





I know this will work for you! :-) Hope your toe is feeling better soon!
I've had ingrown toenails removed. It sounds like you may have one too or something else is going on. If they take it off they will give you 4 to 5 shots around the toe to numb it and then they will remove it.The Dr should give you antibiotics to make sure infection will go away. Good luck and let us know what happened.
ive had an ingrown toenail but not as bad as that..... they dont normally come with all the stuff u just discribed.... its probobly an infection.. see your doctor
it's pretty obvious you have a severe infectious process going on in that toe. It may, or may not adversely affect the further growth of the nail. I suspect the doctor will put you on antibiotics and instruct you to soak it three times a day in hot water and epsom salts, it is what I would do. Count on having to see him again once you have completed the antibiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment