Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is it true that Vicks vapor rub/mentholatum can rid one of toe nail fungus?

I was told this by a podiatristIs it true that Vicks vapor rub/mentholatum can rid one of toe nail fungus?
Yeah, I suppose it would work but there are a host of other unorthodox remedies that will work as well. For sure I can tell you to avoid a Rx product known by it's commercial name, Lamisil. It's reportedly a potent oral antifungal agent that can really do a number on a person's liver. Now tell me: Is it worth damaging your liver to rid yourself of toenail fungus? I think your answer is a resounding ';No!'; It's also very expensive costing upwards of $100/month. There's no doubt that the maker of the stuff is protecting it's patents to it and rigging the price as high as they can get away with. I've had recurring bouts of toenail fungus for several years. I've always beens an avid walker so my feet get sweaty, which fungi love; however, I've had success using ordinary kitchen vinegar. Fungus hates an acidic environment which is essential what gives vinegar its sour taste - acid. So if you use the stuff twice a day dabbing it on the affected toes I can assure you postive results. I've found a useful website for you to refer to: http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/4948鈥?/a>Is it true that Vicks vapor rub/mentholatum can rid one of toe nail fungus?
A Podiatrist is a Medical Doctor that specializes in the foot...so I'm pretty certain that if he/she recommended Vicks for your foot fungus, then I'd definitely try it.
Unfortunately toenail fungus is difficult to treat because your feet are warm .... The cure is so simple. Take distilled white vinegar and put drops on your toes in a bowl of water.
Its news to me there this pill for your nails but its exipensive and its not good for your liver and kidneys ask your doctor.
I actually just read that in a medical column in the newspaper...guess you could try it to see.
Probably not. Try tea tree oil, this will kill all fungus. (by comparison, vinegar will kill about 80% of all mold types, and mold is a fungus) I've been using tea tree oil on mine for about three weeks and half the hard encrustation under the toenail is gone; I can dig out a little more each day with the end of a nail file. Now I have a big space under half of my toenail that used to be packed with hard crust from the fungus.





I just put a few drops of tea tree oil under the edge of my toenail and let it soak in; I do this in the morning and again at night. It is having a devastating effect on the toenail fungus.





Fungus grows with water, so diluting vinegar with water (when vinegar is already diluted with water) is putting mainly water on the fungus. If you use pure tea tree oil there is no water at all, and this seems to me to be a much better idea.











Just telling you what I know works.

No comments:

Post a Comment