Sunday, August 1, 2010

Blood clot under toe nail and stubbed toe help?

Yesterday I was walking down by friends driveway( sloped) and I tripped when I was walking down some stairs. The toe next to my big toe(idk the name) which already has a blood clot under the toe nail, as I actually am a very clumsy person, went under my foot as I fell, it started bleeding soon after. Now it hurts really really bad to walk and I actually have to limp. I think its also a little bid swollen but I don't know. Please help I don't know what to do.Blood clot under toe nail and stubbed toe help?
Go to your MD and have him or her take a look at the toe problem and diagnose. It is possible you have a broken toe. Toes are not usually set or splinted but getting an MD opinion would be a responsible precaution and might be reassuring. And the MD might give you something for pain.





To bring down swelling, restore normal circulation, and alleviate pain one can apply a compress of Chinese herbal medicine for moving blood to the area using the herbs xiong chuang, mo yao, ru xiang, dan shen, all powdered and in equal amounts, made into a thick paste with grocery store safflower oil. These herbs, in the same order, are radix ligustici chuanxiong or Szechuan lovage root; myrrh; gummiolibanum or frankincense/ mastic; and radix salviae miltitorrhizae or salvia root. THIS IS FOR TOPICAL USE ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE USED BY ANYONE WHO IS PREGNANT OR ON BLOOD THINNING MEDICATION OR HAS A PROBLEM WITH THEIR BLOOD NOT CLOTTING AS WELL AS IT SHOULD OR IS ALLERGIC TO ANY OF THE HERBS. For this kind of problem I have treated myself by applying this raw herb %26amp; safflower oil paste on the affected toe and surrounding area of my foot [and adjacent toes if they were swollen or discolored]. Usually I let it stay on for several hours while I recline and rest. This is best done immediately after the injury but even later can help. Overnight application will do if that is the only time convenient. I put a well fitting a sock over the toes with the plaster on them or wrap gauze around them to keep crumbs of medication off the sheets and out of my shoes.





This treatment usually diminishes bruising, swelling, and pain and normally cause no problems. However persons allergic to the ingredients or having had clotting problems should not use it. When I have this kind of injury and have not been able to use the paste immediately after the injury, I apply it for two or three days and or nights in a row, washing it off in the morning if it is too uncomfortable or too smelly to keep on during an active / public day. I get the powdered formula from any Chinese herbal medicine store /acupuncture supply store that carries herb granules or that [ideally] will grind raw herbs for me. I live in the New York City area and usually deal with Kamwo Herb Shop or Lin Sisters, both in New York City Chinatown. Sometimes they mail the order to me. I buy the loose powder formula and keep it on hand for future use, adding safflower oil at the time of use. Safflower needs to be refrigerated so it will not go rancid. Some herb shops have something similar already prepared in house that I substitute. This kind of treatment is called Chinese hit medicine. I have found that if I describe a trauma problem, a Traditional Chinese herbalist pharmacist will be able to make suggestions. However one should always fist seek Western medical care from MD or ER if seriously injured.





Check with your doctor first. You need treatment NOW, not a week from now, so the MD is likely your best bet.





Traditional Chinese medicine would NOT put cold on this type of injury as cold stops everything and makes the stagnation worse. Some Western modalities do advise using cold applications or alternating hot and cold in similar cases and will give a line of reasoning to explain / back up what they do. It just depends which system you want to use to treat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment